Monday, April 11, 2011

Emerging

I saw life today.

My favorite two year old neighbor, adorably red headed, came over to play with us in our driveway today. Helping her climb up on a rock, I crouched down and I saw it. Someone, (probably the same adorable girl) had very carefully stacked a pile of large rocks inside a bamboo tripod designed to stabilize a beautiful and treasured peony.

Amidst that pile of large rocks were eight, fragile peony buds; forcing their way out from under the weight and growing sideways! Now that is power and determination! They had fought their way to the surface, in spite of the heavy burden that would hold them down. Stunning perseverance, surfacing and ready to blossom.

Just as our Creator designed. Our lives emerge in a beautiful, unstoppable, miracle, no matter the weight on the surface.

What a timely and powerful reminder today while holding the hand of a sweet little girl.

4 comments:

  1. God thinks you are a beautiful sweet little girl too. He told me so. :) Love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have the same thought seeing life find cracks in the pavement downtown, refusing to be shut out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting that you see the peonies' strength instead of the fact that they are being held back by the weight of the rocks. I think that is something that we lack as a whole in society. We stay so busy looking at what our obstacles are, instead of seeing how far we can come, regardless of the many obstacles on top of us. Your positive spirit is one of the many things that made me like you instantly. Hope you are doing well, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie Pennystone....It took me a minute to figure you out with that married person name! Thank you so much for your kind words. YOUR positive spirit is one of the many reasons I liked YOU instantly. You are going to be fantastic in the health care field. Miss you too. Come see us in the beautiful northwest.

    ReplyDelete